Saturn 6/27/2015

I took my new 9.25″ SCT to the RRO last night for my first attempt at imaging with it and my first attempt at Saturn in a long time. The results are encouraging. The image below is the best 20% of 1000 frames of 40 milliseconds each (click for larger view). I have checked the collimation of the scope each time I’ve taken it out but have not felt a need to adjust it. The out of focus star could be used as an image of how it should be.
conv_Sat_150628_031045_g4_b3_ap23I do need to work on a few things. My tracking has been off lately, I think a mount setting got changed and I just need to get the manual out and review. I also need to get or make a dew shield, maybe a focusing mask.


Leave a Reply